Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A good start and a estimate of how much we need!

We are excited can you tell? Today we sold the dirt bike ! YAY! We had an old Husaberg 500cc monster of a dirt bike sitting in our shed for about ten years and we decided to sell it to help with Alena's travel fees. Some of the money we made from it needs to go towards fixing up my husbands street bike so that we can save some money on gas when he drives it instead of the honking big blue whale of a truck to work. I figured out that my goal is around 2600 dollars for the trip and that is including most of the things we need. Like I have said if i make any  money above and beyond what we need for this trip we will be donating it to a local heart fund although I'm not sure which one yet.

Back to the point of the post all in all money to go towards Alena's travel expenses will be 400 dollars.... Not a bad start I think.


The breakdown of the needed funds (all approx amounts which change depending on circumstances):

  • 440.00 Airplane tickets using Allegiant Airlines
  • 120.00 fees for baggage
  • 670.00 for Rental car from Alamo that we will all fit in (My dad is coming to help with Teague while     Alena is in the ICU)
  • up to 1400.00 for hotel depending on when/if we get into the Ronald McDonald house and the length of Alena's stay (if she's in the hospital for more than a week it will be more)
  • We will also need money for food although I am not counting that in my total since I have no clue how much we need.

So altogether  around 2630.00 not including food. We will aim for an even 3000.00 so we can have food expenses covered.

So since we already have 400.00 that would be 2600.00 to still raise.


I also started a group on Facebook for Alena called Alena's Broken Heart Club, please feel free to request to be added to it as I will more than likely be posting updates to that page more often.



1 comment: